Podcast: Play in new window | Download
5 Traits for a Successful Mindset in Home Business
Welcome to the Street Smart Wealth Podcast, show #85.
“Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.”
― Steve Maraboli
On today’s show, we are going to talk about the mindset characteristics you must have to be successful in your Network Marketing home business.
Are you looking for coaching to be successful in your Network Marketing business? Want to also learn how to generate your own leads online? My Inner Circle Coaching Program may be just what you need. Learn more at – JackieUlmer.com/coach
iTunes Show Review Shout Outs!
Shout out to Michele Reynolds, who writes – I have looked up to Jackie as a mentor for a year and a half as a top network marketer, a great person and someone that is building a business right. What I love about Jackie is she is a talented business woman, a great educator and she knows how to get results and she is one of the most personable people I have ever met. She is well rounded both in her personal and professional life. I love that she learned the industry from the ground up and is willing to help others. Remarkable woman!
Do YOU want a shout out? Do you have people on your team who you want taking action, refer them to the podcast!
And, make sure your name is entered in the drawing for a free month of Social Media Backstage Pass Coaching coaching by completing your review! Go to https://JackieUlmer.com/itunes
So, what are the mindset traits or characteristics you must master to be a Network Marketing success?
Let’s cover each one in depth –
- 3 Types – Your Company/Products; Network Marketing; Yourself
- The system
- The timeline of success
- Of others
- That there IS a better way
- That if ANYONE has done it, you can, too!
Develop belief mantras, quotes and I AM statements to get you to that strong belief level!
- Fear shows up in all kinds of ways – procrastination, busy work, excuses
- Fear of what others will think
- Fear that the company won’t succeed, or “Where is the security?”
- Fear of success
Success is not about becoming fear-less; it’s about being more committed to a different set of fears – what you will miss if you DON’T do it – than any other fears.
- You know what they say about assuming – it makes a donkey’s behind out of me and you!
- Like fears, we make up all kinds of assumptions – if he was interested, he would call; she must NOT be interested since I have not heard; my business will build itself; people will show up when they say they will; people will remember I have a business when the time is right
- NEVER let assumptions run your business.
- ALWAYS assume to the positive – I haven’t heard from them, so they are just busy and waiting to hear from me; if they haven’t said no, then it’s a maybe
“If others tell us something we make assumptions, and if they don’t tell us something we make assumptions to fulfill our need to know and to replace the need to communicate. Even if we hear something and we don’t understand we make assumptions about what it means and then believe the assumptions. We make all sorts of assumptions because we don’t have the courage to ask questions.”
― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
- Sometimes, you just gotta draw on your inner faith and KNOW that the outcome you desire is coming.
- You trust the sun will come up, right? WHY?
- If this business has worked for anyone, and they share what they are doing and how they have done it, why not you? Why would your circumstances be different if you follow the same path.
- “Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark. If we truly knew all the answers in advance as to the meaning of life and the nature of God and the destiny of our souls, our belief would not be a leap of faith and it would not be a courageous act of humanity; it would just be… a prudent insurance policy.” Elizabeth gilbert
- What I know is this – once I got clear that success would be mine as long as I stayed committed and consistent and took action daily, I powered through even the dark times, and the sun always came out – people showed up at the most interesting times to join me in my business.
- Faith is believing in what we can’t see…..and it is magical!
“Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.” Mitch Albom, Have a little Faith
- There are many types of criticism. Think about the many critical thoughts you may have each day!
- Your company
- The criticism you feel from others – “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” Winston Churchill
- Self – apples and oranges; life situations; history in business and life; and so on
Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle. Comparing is the same as criticism.
Bob Dylan – “Don’t criticize what you can’t understand.”
1. Keep a journal of when your thought turns critical.
2. Dig a little deeper as to what might be provoking this, besides what you THINK the criticism is.
3. When you find your thoughts turning critical, reframe it – speak it out loud with a positive twist.
4. Pay special attention to self criticism.
5. Like assumptions, criticism is often about things we do not understand, or know what we think we do about it!
Learn more about building an effective Network Marketing business both online and offline in my Direct Sales Online Coaching Program!
Has this show helped you? Tweet me – @jackieulmer and if you have a question for the show, add the hashtag #AskJackie
Good luck in your business
Do you have a question? Ask it at JackieUlmer.com/questions
Until next time – remember this – Hesitation Never Cashed a Check!
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review.
And, on Stitcher!
That would help immensely in getting the word out! Thanks.
<—— Did this podcast help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below!
Let’s have some conversation!
Subscribe to Street Smart Wealth Podcast on iTunes
Subscribe to Street Smart Wealth Podcast by Email – Get Updates in Your Email
Subscribe to Street Smart Wealth Podcast by RSS
Want more tips and trainings? Get Profit In Your PJs NOW!
If you are happy in a business, that is great. If you are looking for the right business; the right mentor; something you can build online, I would love to share what I am doing with you. Click here and let’s explore the possibilities.
Leave a Reply