My opinion is no, you can’t. You can train, educate and inspire, but motivation must come from within,
So, what can you do?
First, make sure you have a solid plan for getting your new team partners trained. After 18 years in this profession, and asking a lot of questions about why people leave, very often I hear – I just really didn’t know what to do.
Now, as a business owner, the ultimate responsibility lies with each individual to ask questions and be committed to learning what needs to be done. But, if you will lay out a simple, consistent action plan and train your team on what to do, you can always know that you held up your end of the bargain.
Here are some simple items on the list for training:
1. Help them set some goals, and get a written down “why!”
2. Teach them the simple principles of List, Share and Sponsor.
3. Help them make their first 200 names list.
4. Educate them on what to say to invite people to take a look. This is a critical step.
5. Educate them on the third party tools that they will use to share the business.
6. Prepare them for the “nos.”
7. Make sure they understand the importance in follow up.
8. Get them scheduled for the next event and make sure they understand the value in attending events.
9. Make sure they understand how to enroll team partners and customers.
10. Share all conference calls and ways that they can plug into the team and leadership.
Those are the basics. And, other things will follow along. Share 3 good self development tools with them such as your favorite books and CDs.
Then, be in action yourself, in your business and pave the way for your team to see how it works and follow in your footsteps. You’ll inspire, but never motivate!
I would love your comments and thoughts below!!!